1. What are your favorite things to do?
His response: a coy whisper as he tried to figure out what Mom was making him do.
He spends his days playing cars, hide-and-seek (exclusively in his favorite hiding spot), and roving between his swing set and his bike.
2. What do you like to eat? .
Dinner. And (after some prompting) watermelon.
Other favorites include, corn dogs, tomatoes, and berries.
3. What do you dislike eating?
4. What do you want to be when you grow up?
How very zen of him, don't you think?
5. What will/did you do on your birthday?
In a week or so, he'll have a great family party at the lake.
On his actual birthday he had a lunch party with his Grandma, his sisters, and his cutie pie neighbor girls,discovered a new playground with his daddy, and had dinner at the Drive In.
6. Who is in your family?
Me, daddy, mommy, Elliot, Maya , 25 chickens, 1 cat named Monkey, and Scout, the Golden Saint.
7. What is your favorite color?
8. What is your favorite toy and why?
Seriously, a junky plastic toy has captured his heart.
9. Who is your best friend?
Maya... and Elliot.
10. What is your favorite thing to wear?
His Buzz Light Year Shirt.
11. What is your favorite television show? Movie?
12. What is your favorite book?
The Spiderman Book.
13. What is your favorite song?
Does his daddy sing when I"m not looking? Or does he mean Daddy's music selections over Elliot's perpetual pop-song background music? Who knows!
14. What is the best thing someone could give you?
He didn't know, but I say: bubbles. Both the boy and his dog chase them obsessively.
15. If you could go anywhere in the world to visit, where would you go?
Fishing at the Lake. 16. What is one new thing you would like to try this year?
How to fish at the lake.
17. Finish the sentence, "the most important thing about Max is..."
According to Maya: He's cute, and he likes to tell stories.
According to Elliot: He's our brother.
But, according to his mother, the most important thing about Max is the joyful way he wakes up in the morning, all smiles and hugs and repetitions of "I missed you during my long nap." He's a boy of high passions, enthusiastic happiness, determined protests, and a great deal of love. I'm looking forward to another year of big milestones for the little guy!