Monday, June 4, 2012

In Lieu of a Thousand Words

a family portrait ~ Erin Ruth Photography
I just don't have many words in me this evening. I'll settle instead for this outstanding picture by Erin Ruth Photography. Erin, if I knew how to put your logo in the corner on this one, I would. All of her pictures were outstanding, but this one is everything I hoped for when we staged it. Finally, a picture that centers on the relationship at the heart of our family. They are a dervish around us, and Max is just moments from stepping into the cyclone.

In fact, today he walked from one room to another. Then he cheered. Then Elle and I cheered. It was just that sort of day.

2 comments:

  1. Hold on to and treasure these moments. Life goes by a lot faster than one suspects.

    I spent way too much time when the children were really little looking to the tomorrow. By the time I figured out my mistake they were half grown. There are days I would like to go back and start over. Life just isn't kind enough to allow the do overs.

    You have a beautiful family and I hope you continue to enjoy the small steps.

    Have a great night.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful photograph!
    Great post!

    ReplyDelete