Sunday, May 6, 2012

Boys? Crazy!

Nope, this isn't a post about Max.

It's Miss Maya, and she's boy crazy. Already! She'll be seven in a month!

This isn't a new development. She proposed to a special cutie on the first day of school. She's written him poems and stories and told me every wonderful trait he's got.

As always, she's unwavering in her loyalty. Her craziness surrounds one particular boy. He really is dreamy in plays-a-mean-game-of-cats and tells-hilarious-toot-jokes sort of way.

We have never, never teased her about having a crush. She has somehow picked it up from the ether. Our methods of deterrent and distraction include 1) reminding her that 7 year old's don't have boyfriends, 2) she wouldn't want to embarrass her friend by sending him love letters, and 3) 7 year old's don't get to date!

Her response?

"I read that some animals mate when they are four."

Seriously! We were flabbergasted. I was laughing so hard I couldn't begin to respond. Joe just looked at me a little wild-eyed waiting for a coherent reaction. I eventually reminded her that cats can "mate" at 1 and bugs at 1 day, but that since we are human, she'll have to wait until she's older.

"I can't wait until I'm sixteen." She complained. "I really like all that [now she switches to a hilarious cartoon voice] lovey lovey kissy kissy  stuff."

Yikes! At least, at this age, it's still all just funny. I'm not looking forward to the awkward bits that lie ahead of us though.

1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness!! I nearly spit out my cereal with Maya's response! :)))

    Well, at least she knows what she wants. Um, yeah. Well, hmmm.

    All I can say is hang on to your hats! You've got a go-getter (Well, you have three, but Maya's got this topic all sewn up!).

    ReplyDelete