Friday, March 2, 2012

Um... No


No.

The notorious favorite word of every toddler.  The wold's most frustrating word for every parent with a timetable.

The first nonverbal Max has mastered!

I'd like to think he can say Mama and Dada (though not with any reliability), and he's learning his high fives, fist bumps, and hello waves. He's learning.

Shaking his head no, that's his favorite.

I'm not sure exactly what this says about the next year or two in this house. He says no with gusto. With vigor. There is no way to slip the banana-plumb-oatmeal past his little swaying grin.

But his lips, they are turned up in a happy smile. For now, at least, it's a good-natured - if firm - no.





2 comments:

  1. These clips are treasures! Amazing how quickly a baby masters new talents! So fun to watch...

    PS... I saw the snow cat a few days back; a nice honor to Ruphis, but I don't think I spelled that right! :)))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes! Anna I think you're the only one to notice that... Ruphis (first grader spelling) will remain in memory, even though is adorable replacements are getting lots of love.

    ReplyDelete